You look out the window to your backyard, and all you see is green grass. You need more. You imagine beautiful, refreshing blue waters beyond with a cascading waterfall flowing down large rocks, creating a small tropical oasis. Texas summers are long and hot, and you and your family need a private retreat to escape the heat and cool off. Your mind shifts to what it takes to build a beautiful pool. Here is a list of five important questions you should consider and ask your pool builder to ensure your swimming pool is everything you’ve ever dreamed of.
1. What kind of pool is best for me?
In-ground pools are manufactured using vinyl liners, Fiberglass, or Concrete. Texas is known as being a concrete pool market. You may have heard the term “Gunite” before, but it’s simply a steel reinforced concrete structure. Gunite pools can be shaped in just about every form imaginable- it’s up to you and your designer’s imagination. Fiberglass and vinyl-lined pools are somewhat limited in shapes and sizes due to manufacturing and shipping constraints. All have their relative merits, but most consumers in Texas have chosen Concrete as the material of choice.
2. Do I Need a Permit to Build a Pool?
Yes, for most homes a permit is necessary for pool construction. Residents who build a pool need to abide by certain zoning regulations, such as minimum distances from property lines or a septic system, and other guidelines set forth by local or national authorities.
3. How Do I Want My Pool to Be Designed?
Think depth, shape, and size. These three factors will form the blueprint for your pool construction project and pool design. When it comes to size, shape, and depth, you can also consider the following questions.
- What is my budget?
- What size pool can my backyard accommodate?
- How often and how will I use the pool? For example, will I swim all summer? Is the pool for play, diving, exercise, or all 3?
- Will we have small children? If yes, we may need to consider shallower depths and different designs. Also- remember children grow up fast! The slide they love now may not be what they will use most in a few years.
- What shape pool do I find the most beautiful? How will it look in my backyard? If my house is modern, do I really want a free form, natural-looking pool?
4. Do I Want to Have a Pool Professional Maintain My Pool?
If pool maintenance sounds like a burden and you can’t invest the time, then hiring a pool professional is beneficial. Looking for a pool company that offers the best pool cleaning service in Rockwall, TX? Search no further than Pool Stop and get a free quote!
5. What Other Backyard Amenities Do I Want?
Have you always dreamed of entertaining in your backyard? Sure, your family and friends want a dip in your gorgeous pool, but they also want some tasty barbeque. Your dream outdoor oasis can also include a convenient outdoor kitchen and/or grills that fire up amazing food. Find everything you need to make your dream backyard a reality at Pool Stop!
Excellent Service and Top-Notch Experience
At Pool Stop, we build pools, as well as offer a variety of services, repairs, and renovations. We also provide the replacement pool parts, high-quality chemicals, and knowledge you need as a pool owner to get the most out of your swimming pool. Contact our friendly and professional staff about your pool design or maintenance questions and browse the fabulous stock of outdoor entertainment, today!