In Response to Recent Flooding in Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas
Dallas, TX (May 29, 2015) – After a heavy rain, many pool owners face the task of cleaning up a soggy mess. Once home interiors are restored, attention turns to repairing outdoor damage, including swimming pools.
Local BioGuard® dealer Pool Stop recommends the following simple steps for getting swimming pools back into tip top shape:
1. Remove all solid debris from the pool.
2. For in-ground pools, examine pool edges and the ground around the pool for damage. For above-ground pools, inspect the pool structure. Seek help from a professional pool builder or repair service to correct any structural problems.
3. Ensure the pump motor is adequately dry before resuming operation. Drain down any excess water from the pool.
4. Use a floccing agent such as BioGuard’s PowerFloc® and vacuum the waste. Flocculants are chemical compounds that when added to water cause suspended agents to sink. Once settled on the bottom of the pool, the previously suspended articles can be vacuumed.
5. Circulate the pool for 24 hours, and then test the pH, Total Alkalinity and Chlorine (or take about a pint of water to Pool Stop for a quick, computerized chlorine demand analysis). Make adjustments as needed. Apply a double dosage of a chlorinating shock product such as BioGuard’s Burn Out3® or Smart Shock®. Circulate pool again for 24 hours. Salt pools should be shocked as well, and salt levels tested to ensure proper levels.
6. Monitor the chlorine level for the next 24 hours to ensure you can maintain a 1 – 3ppm level. Add chlorinating shock as needed to maintain levels. Add products as needed to maintain proper water balance and sanitizer levels.
7. Clean the filter using a cleaner such as Kleen It® or Strip Kwik®.
8. After water is balanced and sanitizer levels are stable, you can resume use of the pool.
For more information on the effective use of BioGuard pool and spa products, visit us in the Target Shopping Center in Rockwall at 838 Sterger Rd, Rockwall, TX 75032, or Call: 972-772-4545.